How to Apply for a PR
The applicant has to sign on the envelope while handed over it in the post office. After submitting the application form, the applicant will get an acknowledgement card in return.
The permanent residence card has been replaced by the EC residence permit for long-term residents.
Your application must include:
- A valid Passport or Identity proof
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Criminal clearance certificate
- Evidence of appropriate accommodation,
- Proof of pay slips for the current year;
- Postal receipt for €27.50 (payment of the electronic residence permit)
- A €14.62 electronic revenue stamp
The application can be submitted also for the spouse if he/she is below 18 years or not legally separated, dependent children, and for dependant parents.
In order to obtain long-term resident status for your family members, your application must also include the following additional documents:
Few benefits of permanent residency:
- Work permit
- Enjoy social benefits
- Actively participate in local public life.